Isle of Raasay Single Malt, 46.4% abv
The flagship Isle of Raasay Single Malt Whisky, 46.4% ABV, natural colour, non-chill filtered.
Lightly peated with rich dark fruit flavours.
We set out to emulate some older styles of Hebridean single malt whiskies, with subtle, fragrant smokiness balanced with dark fruit flavours.
Every drop of spirit is distilled, matured and bottled on the island using water from our well, Tobar na Ba Baine, “Well of the Pale Cow”. Maximising the influence of the island on our spirit whilst supporting local jobs.
Mineral-rich Raasay water and long fermentations of up to 118 hours (5 days) develop sweet blackberry characteristics in our spirit before it even touches the oak of the cask.
Our carefully crafted recipe combines six signature casks – maturing peated and unpeated Isle of Raasay spirit separately in ex-Rye Whiskey, virgin Chinkapin oak and Bordeaux red wine casks. The first of this cask combination in Scotch whisky history.
INSIDE R-01.2 SINGLE MALT WHISKY RELEASE: THE FACTS
- Release Date: May 2023
- ABV: 46.4%
- Peat Level: Barley 48-52ppm | Residual in Bottle Estimated 6 ppm
- Presentation: Natural colour, non-chill filtered
- Cask Types: First fill ex-Rye Whiskey (65%), virgin Chinkapin oak (25%), and first fill Bordeaux red wine (10%)
- Spirit Types: Isle of Raasay peated & unpeated spirit
- Barley Variety: Laureate
- Yeast Type: Distillers Yeast
- Water Source: Isle of Raasay Distillery 60 metre well on site
- Fermentation Time: 3 and 5 day fermentations
- Spirit Cut Point: 75 to 67 (unpeated) & 75 to 65 (peated)
- Cask Filling Strength: 63.5% abv
- Distilled: 16/01/2019 – 27/11/2019
- Vatting: 14/02/2023 – 13/03/2023
- Bottling: 05/04/2023 – June 2023
- Maturation & Bottling: Isle of Raasay Distillery